DA – Pre-Master’s Program
The Domus Academy Pre-Master’s Program is a four-month intensive postgraduate course that will prepare you to enter a Master’s program at Domus Academy.
Program type: Full-time
Duration: 15 weeks (20 hours per week)
Two intakes: April and September
Language of instruction ans assessment: English
You can choose between 11 master’s programs at Domus Academy in the broad areas of arts, design, fashion, and branding/ communication.
Or you can apply to design programs at other schools in Italy or abroad.
Created for graduates who have at least three years of university-level study, the Pre-Master’s Program will give you the foundational understanding of design that is required for entry into the Domus Academy master’s-level programs. It will also give you the valuable opportunity to construct a professional portfolio under the guidance of mentors who are experts in the field.
What you will learn
– Your knowledge of broad design domains and your practical skills within each of these domains.
– A clear understanding of the range of themes and processes relevant to a specialized area of study.
– A professional portfolio in your area of interest, following the guidelines for entrance to the Domus Academy master’s-level programs.
– The technical skills and organizational abilities you need for master’s-level learning, acquired through labs and project activities.
– A variety of techniques and tools to better communicate and present your design ideas.
How you will learn
Our faculty members teach according to Domus Academy’s renowned “learning by designing” approach.
Thematic lectures are supported by laboratory sessions, project activities, and visits to design studios.
You will have the flexibility to focus on your own areas of interest while meeting overall course objectives.
Intensive English Language Course
While attending the Pre-Master’s Program, you can improve your English. You must score 4.0 or higher on the IELTS exam to begin the Intensive English course, which is 3 modules of 3 weeks each for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each module is 30 hrs in classroom and 60 hrs online for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each 3-week segment can improve your English by 0.5 IELTS points. You must score 5.0 for entry into Domus Academy.
Admission & Requirements
Applicants wishing to enroll in the Pre-Master’s Program shall meet the entry requirements outlined below:
– At least 15 years of previous education
– Holding a first level academic degree (bachelor degree or academic diploma).
– Certificate of English language: minimum entry level requirement IELTS 4.0
The Pre-Master’s Program has limited number of places. The places will be assigned on a first come-first accepted basis.
Next Intake: 4th April 2018 – 27th July 2018
Please contact Italstudio for brochure and application form or further information.Brochure aanvragen